Total Pageviews

Wednesday 9 September 2015

How to Give Yourself a Facial at home in Six Easy Steps

Dear readers,


Between motherhood, working, studying, housework, and caring, I understand how easy it can be to make time for you, when you have so many other things to do.

Looking After You
For the next four weeks, on a Wednesday, I plan to post 'How to' posts in relation to ways of pampering yourself so this is the first of four.  Following this post there will be the following posts:
*Caring for Tired Feet
*Five Steps to a Relaxing Bath
*Ten Minute Manicure and Polish

The maximum time needed for any of these posts is half an hour - surely you own yourself 30 minutes per week? 

The thing I've come to realise is that it IS important to look after yourself!  I don't know about you but  I often don't have time to go to the salon and to be honest, I can think of better ways to spend my money.

I have a 20 minute facial technique that I find refreshing and effective.

Ingredients
Towel
Facial Scrub (natural recipes available on Google)
Face Mask (natural recipes available on Google)
2 slices of cucumber
Astringent
A moisturiser that suits your skin type

Method
1# Steam Treatment
Ensure your face is clean but try not to use any products - you can use things like make up remover or just soap and water.  Then, fill a bowl or sink with boiling water and lean over putting a towel over your head to keep in the steam and steam your face fro around 5-10 minutes.

2# Facial Scrub
Use a facial scrub treatment over your face.  You can find cheap natural recipes online, often using the likes of oats as a scrub if you don't have any.  Massage it into your cheeks, forehead, nose, and chin areas, avoiding the eyes and then rinse with warm water.  This will help to remove any dead skin cells, and clean the pores you have just opened by steaming your face.  Pat your face dry.

3# Face Mask
Again, there are many recipes online if you don't have this product - mainly made from natural yoghurt.  Make sure your face is dry and apply a thick layer of the mask to your face, again avoiding the eyes.  Place a piece of cucumber on each eye as you lay back and relax for around 7-10 minutes.  Remove the mask with warm water,ensuring you remove it all.  Check out the Superscrimpers Recipe here!

4# Facial wash
Massage a gentle face wash into your face and then splash your face with cold water and again, pat it dry.

5# Astringent
Use a cotton wool ball, and soak in astringent.  Apply by swiping it across your forehead, cheeks, nose, and chin (the greasy areas).  Allow to dry.  If I don't have astringent, I tend to use lemon juice - however I can't say how this would affect your skin but you could maybe look online for a recipe.

6# Moisturise
Now this part can depend on your skin type and what moisturiser you use.  I use a thin application moisturiser from the body shop forehead, chin, nose and cheeks, and then I use anti-ageing eye cream as I feel like I always look tired around that area.  I have very greasy skin so a thin application is just enough to replenish my skin after it being scrubbed.


Voila, your skin should now be soft, smooth, and revived!

The idea here is to pamper yourself with something that fits into your own schedule, that you can do in your own time, without breaking the bank.

I plan to post next Wednesday on looking after tired feet which hopefully you will find interesting.  If you have any tips, or if there is anything you would like to see posted here about self-care, then please comment below.  

Laters, Janet

1 comment:

  1. i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346










    i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346

    ReplyDelete