Total Pageviews

Friday 11 September 2015

Funny Family Friday - *week 2* - Watch you don't spill the paint!

Welcome to week 2 of Funny Family Friday and if you are linking up to Funny Family Friday, or you are a returning link up - thank you so much in advance! If your just here to read, feel free to make a comment in the comments section and share your thought.  


For the rules of Funny Family Friday click here! 

Feel free to grab my badge below and don't forget to link up at the bottom of the page!  





The story I want to tell you today is a reflection back on my holiday 2 weeks ago.  I took the children the to pottery painting at Center Parcs, with my Mum.  We chose our pots (and paid an extortionate amount of cash for them), then we headed to our table to paint them.  We were advised that the paint washes out, except for two.  We were also told to put at least three layers on our paint as they needed to be treated and baked in an oven for several hours afterwards, before being blasted with a shiny coat. 
They only had aprons to fit my youngest so me, my Mum, my daughter, and my eldest son were all exposed to the paint.  I just assumed all would have aprons so we hadn't dressed in old clothes - in fact me and the children had new clothes on - how silly of me! 

The pallets were small, so I was helping the children to put the paint into the pallet, and sometimes the paint had gone crusty over the hole, so I kept saying to the children repeatedly,

'Be careful, don't spill the paint!' and reminding them to ask for help if they needed it.

I started working on my master piece - a nautical themed plate with a large crab on a beach, and fish in the sea.  I was most impressed with my design!

My young son decided he wanted brown for his doggy, but it was stuck, so I offered to assist.  I told him again how important it was to ask for help as we didn't want paint everywhere.  The top of the tube was well blocked and I poked the end of the paint brush in the hole, to try and unblock it. 

I shook the tube hard towards the pallet once, and squeezed - a bit too hard!

With a squelch and a slurping sound, the paint flew from the tube, splashed into the pallet... and back out again... far too much paint for that small pallet... and covering my daughter who sat opposite, myself, and my son, beside me.  It was all over my daughter's face, her hair, her new top.

She looked at me with her eyes blazing, fuming.  'Mam, what did you do that for? You put paint all over me!'

Everyone looked at us!

'Sorry,' I said - looking horrified.

'But Mam, erm, you said don't spill the paint,' reminded my three year old son. 

Thanks for that! 

My other son, and Mum sat sniggering!

Good job we all have a sense of humour - I mean what chance do these children have of not spilling the paint, with their mother as a role model!  #embarrassingholidaymoment #itcouldonlyhappentome

So, to prevent my further embarrassment, post a comment below and share your embarrassing moment - has anything like this ever happened to you? Have you told your children NOT to do something and then it happens to you?  Come on guys share, embarrassed Mum here!

Don't forget to link up with Inlinkz below!  


Laters, Janet :)

1 comment:

  1. i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346










    i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346

    ReplyDelete